Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Life needs to slow down.

You would think eventually you would learn to slow down. I need to work on just stopping and enjoying what is happening. I feel like when i finish one thing I am running to the next. I am tired of feeling like I am missing important moments in my kids. I asked my kids the other night what they wanted. Paige wants mom to play barbie with her. Belle wants to ride her horse with mom and dad. Payton wants to build me a bathroom. They seem simple but I need to take the time to just play barbies, ride a horse, and finish a bathroom . My kids are just wanting to play and I feel all I am ever doing is giving orders. I should have never had kids. So all who read this take time for your kids and don't get me wrong you need ME time too.

4 comments:

Janet said...

Great post! I love that she wants to play barbies with you. That is so cute. I feel like I am giving orders all the time too. I need to do better.

Lindsay said...

I think we all feel like this now and again, but hey we do the best we can right!
Incase I dont get over your way before hand, I am having a Usbourne Book Party! These are fantastic book and I want you, Heather, Kisty and Your mom to all come! It is Next Tuesday, On St. Patty's Day at 6:30. Just come even if you dont want books, just come to visit!
I will try to get there to get you all an invitation! See you!

Bandi Olsen said...

I agree, life does need to slow down and kids quit growing. Thanks for the reminder.

~AnnaMarie~ said...

This is exactly how I have been feeling. My oldest 3 are 4 years apart and I felt like I had time to enjoy each moment. Then I had the two so close together and I feel like Im constantly running and missing out on so many wonderful things, just because Im busy.

Pagie does the funniest things

This year for the Cleveland Pagent paige told me all she wanted to be was a loser. So the reason behind it is that if she did win she would...